Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chicago Bound

It's official - we're heading to Chicago for an appointment with one of the foremost experts in JDM. I'm excited and relieved and nervous, but mostly relieved. I've done nothing but worry and second-guess the decisions around Mielle's treatment ever since we dropped our first rheumatologist (well, actually even before that - from the very beginning, truth be told); some peace of mind is desperately needed. I don't know if I will get it, but I feel like this is my best chance at it. I don't know if this will be a one-time evaluation or if we end up going regularly.

It will be a long day for the appointment, and I'm worried about how Mielle will take the whole experience. But I just found out that there is a nature center in Chicago with an amazing butterfly garden... Mielle is SUPER into butterflies and moths right now, so I hope that will help take the sting out for her.

We're flying to Chicago Aug 10, have the appointment on the 11th, and we will stay the 12th to have fun (butterfly garden!) so the trip won't be a total bust for Mielle. Our fantastic and amazing friend Stephanie has agreed to come along to help keep things light and help with logistics. Mielle adores her and I'm so, so grateful for her generosity. Blown away, in fact!

We're also hoping we may be able to connect with the lovely Kristin Connor, who currently resides in Milwaukee. Nancy Poozy is there, too, so maybe we'll see her, also. We hope!

No comments: